Magnesium is an essential mineral for the human body.
It helps with effective functioning of nerves and muscles.
It helps to maintain strong bones and regulates blood pressure and sugar levels. We need about 300-400 mg of magnesium every day.
Below are listed the Top 10 magnesium-rich foods that will help boost your intake of this vital mineral.
1. Green Leafy Vegetables – the chlorophyll in vegetables like spinach which give them their green colour, contains magnesium.
2. Whole Grains – wheat, oats, rye, buckwheat. Not to be confused with refined grains such as white bread as the magnesium is lost in processing.
3. Pumpkin and Sesame Seeds – these seeds are also high in other minerals. The seeds help to expel parasites from the body.
4. Soy Beans, black beans, kidney beans and chick peas
5. Brazil Nuts – containing high levels of magnesium and also selenium, phosphorus, copper, calcium and potassium. Cashews and almonds are great alternatives.
6. Wild Salmon – a good source of magnesium plus Vitamin D, anti-oxidants and good fats.
7. Artichokes – can aid digestion, and strengthen liver and gall bladder function.
8. Dates – a good source of magnesium and an energy booster with fiber, potassium, and other minerals and vitamins
9. Blackstrap Molasses – a sugary substance that should be limited in consumption, however a rich source of magnesium.
10. Sea Vegetables – rich in anti-oxidants, minerals and vitamins, seaweed and kelp are a wonderfully rich source of magnesium.
If you read this far, we assume you found this post interesting. Please help Blackle Mag thrive by sharing it using the social media buttons below.Tweet
What did you think of this post? Let us know in the comments below.