Blackle is always looking for new ways to encourage everyone to take steps in their everyday lives to be more environmentally conscious; we want your help to show them the latest in green technology, innovation, and electronics from grand world changing ideas to new gadgets that could help them decrease their personal carbon footprint.
We are looking for a passionate, talented, and driven writer who is an expert in the technology space. You will need to be able to identify and explore current and emerging green tech trends to find and write articles that are interesting and easy to understand for non-experts and more knowledgeable readers.
We are looking for an organized blogger with excellent writing and research skills who can write 3-5 posts per day. If you cannot commit to this number of post per day but are still interested in writing for us then you should apply for one of our general blogger roles.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be talented, self-driven, knowledgeable, organized, flexible, passionate, and obsessed with green tech.
- Have a strong technology / electronics network, with the ability to get access to, and publish, stories before anyone else.
- Have exceptional writing skills with excellent grammar and the ability to produce stories efficiently and reliably.
- Have experience as a tech blogger.
- Have basic HTML skills, experience using WordPress, and understand how to select and edit images for blogging.
- Have a strong grasp of statistics and a scientific mind, with the ability to question the validity of what you read.
- Spend hours online everyday and have a very active online presence.
- Be willing to be active in responding to comments on your articles and not get upset by insults from commenters.
How to apply
Send us an email with the following subject line: “Greentech Trendhunter” to trendhunter (at) blacklemag (dot) com and address each of the following:
- Give us a brief overview of who you are (your name, city, country, interests, hobbies etc.)
- Provide links that demonstrate your active online presence (website, blog, Twitter, Pinterest etc.)
- Tell us why you’re the perfect candidate (convince us)
- Include three writing samples (links to your work are fine)
- Send us five ideas you’d like to write about (one sentence pitch for each idea)
- Attach your C.V.
We look forward to hearing from you,
The Blackle Mag Team